Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lighting Design, Self: Same

On of my favorite things, and one of the jobs I long and dream about is lighting design for theatre.  I use to do a show here and there, but in I haven't designed since 2009.  Wow, I actually didn't realize that my last design was that long ago.

I was lucky enough to have a directing student at one of the local schools here in Philly ask me to work on their senior project and I accepted.  Her project was a new work by an Irish play write who she met while she studied abroad for a semester.  The show is called Self: Same, it's a monologue play with three characters that takes place in two different bars one in America and one in Ireland.  I am really excited to get back to lighting design, it is perhaps one of my favorite things to do (next to knitting).  Here are some shots from the show.




Photos by Brey Ann Barrett
This show has gotten me excited about design again and I am itching to do some more.  I hope this will open up some doors to other design opportunities.  I also loved working with Brey the director and hope that we can work together again in the future.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like it will be amazing! I used to do some stage crew back in high school and loved it- I still sometimes wish I could do it once in a while. Good luck!