Monday, March 8, 2010

First Post from Down Under

I made it and have been having a blast here in Oz for the last month. I was trying to think of the best way of sharing my trip and thought that everyday I would post a new pic or two as weel as a blurb, and any exiting info that I may have to share.

So far, Simon and I have spent time in Sydney, the Hunter Valley and Cessnock, and the Blue Mountains (which other than the beach might be my favorite so farm. So here begins the beginig of my experiment in my Aussie Photo Blog. The above photo of me was taken on my first day in Australia just minuets after stumbling across the opera house while walking though the botanical gardens, you can just see the harbor bridge in the back ground. A bit of a busy picture, but nessicary to the tourist on their trip to Australia.

As well as taking a ton of photos and meeting Simons family I've been working on a new hat design which I plan to submit to Knitty for the First fall & holiday head start issue. My deadline for submission is March 15th. The hat is finished, the pattern typed up now all I need is to take the photos or said garment. What better back drop than the Australian Coast, or maybe a bit of the Bush. I haven't really decided, but I am going to take a bunch of pics, tomorrow is my schedualed photo shoot with Simon on the beach.

No comments: