There will be a lot of dresses for openings this year and by this year I really mean this theatre season. This season I will be going to at least 4 openings and maybe more who knows so I get to really hone my dress making skills. I used my Anda pattern to make this dress with many many tweeks.
First off the Anda directions are silly. Ok not all the directions, but the one where you finish the neckline and sleeves before attatching the front and the back of the dress together. Now that is silly. I also used french seams. I figured why not there are only 4 seams on this entire dress I might as well make them nice and pretty.
|Finished the sequence, and started the embroidery.|
|Finished waist detail.|