Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve and it's a beautiful white Christmas up here in the Finger Lakes. I've been home for two days and my mom has been baking like crazy. We have five different baked goods in the house not to mention the fudge I made. The tree is up and looks beautiful and I would post a piture, but I forgot my USB cable for my camera.

Tonight my mom is making a roast with all the trimmings and we'll make a pie for tomorrow. We'll open our presents to each other and watch about four different movies from batman to a Christmas story.

On Christmas morning we go to My mom's friend Mindy's and have a giant Breakfast with all the family friends. There's no other way to celibrate the birth of baby Jesus than with Bacon and mimosas. Then we'll come home and open our stockings, then it's off to Rochester to spend the rest of the day with my mom's dad. Grandpa King will have the turkey and potatoes and mom is taking up her famous sweet potatoes and apple pie.

It's all very wholesome, or at least it appears to be, but I really love spending the Holidays with my family. Next Christmas Simon and I are going to Australia for Christmas and the New Year. It will be the first holiday that I'm not home, but Simon has been staying here for the past two years, and it will be exciting to see Australia.

My lace is coming along and it is taking longer for me to finish a row. I blame that on two things, the lace, and the number of stitches on my needles.

Happy Holidays to All!

No comments: