Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Knitting Update

I have been knitting, crocheting and spinning my fingers to the bone.  Ok, maybe not to the bone, but I have been working on a lot of new projects.  Some are for designs and some are personal projects.  Here's what's on my needles, hook and bobbin this month. 

I'm working on my first ever lace design.  This is just a sample I'm knitting to make sure it's going to work out the way I want before I start knitting it with the yarn I have intended for the design.  The lace pattern is hard to see, but that's because it will need to be blocked aggressively.  

Here's a close up of the main lace stitch.  

I have completed my last Spring pattern for my shop.  Here's a super early, super sneaky peek.  I know it's just the button band, but what a button band it is.  I just finished typing up and formatting the pattern now I just need to shoot some photos and proof the written pattern.  I'm planing to release the new pattern on May 21st. 

I also am crocheting a doily blanket.  I've wanted to do this for such a long time that I finally gave in and just bought the yarn and picked a pattern off of Ravelry.  It's called the Double Pineapple Doily and I am in love.  

The yarn is Elle Rae's classic Heathers.  Its the same color as the walls in our living room.  It will look lovely on our sandy colored couch. 

I finally finished spinning my Loop Batt, now it's time to chain ply!

That's all that's new in the fiber world right now.  Tomorrow I am having a guest blogger with a super awesome tutorial, but you'll have to check back tomorrow to see who it is.  

No comments: