Friday, September 23, 2011

New Pattern: Hurricane Hat

What a fitting day to release this pattern, it is good weather for ducks here in Philly and a perfect day for staying inside and knitting something cozy.  How about my newest pattern the Hurricane Hat.  I was inspired by the hurricane season here on the east coast and started to dream this up during hurricane Irene.  The swilring stitch pattern is what gives this hat its name sake and makes it fun to knit up. 



The pattern was designed using a bulky alpaca so it knits up pretty fast the gauge is three stitch to the inch.  What I like most about it (other than the stitch pattern) is the slouchy shape.  You can where is slouchy or fold up the brim for a more fitted look and extra warmth around your ears.  Check it out in my esty shop with my other patterns.

P.S. I am also giving away a free copy of the Southerly Tam knitting pattern over on One Pearl Button

No comments: