Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What Came Out of the Dye Pot

I've been having so much fun with my new dyes that I felt that I should share my newest experiments in color and yarn.

I tried out my reds this weekend and came up with this summery color.  It reminds me of those cheer, orange, and grape Popsicles.  The ones that turn your whole mouth purple or red from all the food coloring.

Then there's this guy.  I am loving pretty much every color I mix using yellow.  How awesome is this neon green.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to achieve such an eye popping color, so I was pleasantly pleased when this came out of the dye bath.

When am I going to list these yummy hanks of lace weight in my Etsy shop?  Soon, very soon.  My big plan is to dye and then dye some more though May and have a huge shop update in June.  I'll keep teasing everyone by periodically posting what has just come out of the dye pot.

No comments: