Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Update: Surfing and Such

We had our first surf on the Jersey shore yesterday and it was a good one! I should have brought my camera, because the waves were about knee to chest height and spilling. (A spilling wave is my favorite kind of wave.) I got to try my new board and well I love it! It was a good thing we went yesterday, the weather here in Philly has turned cold, cloudy and rainy. Just a good excuse to get knitting!

This week is going to be a busy one. I have to work on my design, and sew a dress or something to wear to a party on Saturday. Here are some of my fabric choices from my stash. I love them all, but am having a hard time trying to decide.

I also have different amounts of each of these, so I can't just pick one dress or design and then pick a fabric. Each fabric choice would need a different project.

This was my newest addition to my fabric stash, that I like being about to say is grown, but not out of hand just yet. I'm tempted to go back and buy more yardage I love this print so much. It's fiber content is 100% cotton, but this fabric has a nice drape and body without being too stiff.

I also finished my sweater and actually wore it out the other day. I will have to get a picture of me next time I wear it. I swear it has buttons on it. The sleeves need a bit of elastic in the cuffs, but that's an easy fix.

No comments: