On Monday I finished the arm holes and the neck line. At first I had resigned myself to hand sewing these, but then I thought the actual pattern calls for it to be machine sewed it will be faster and look just fine. I was incorrect in this thinking.
|Here's the "wrong side of the neckline"|
|A shot of the right side of the dress|
|This belt is super long. It measures about 134 inches|
|Here's my hem line all pinned and ready for hand sewing.|
But after that I will be finished. No more alterations, no more seam ripping and resewing. I tried the dress on with out the belt yesterday, to get the right hem line and I am in love with this dress. I am going to make a second in a wool for the winter, and maybe even one in a cotton for the spring!