Monday, October 31, 2011

Just One of Those Days

First off, what happened to fall?  Where did it go and why are we jumping right into winter.  Philly had its first snow fall on Saturday.  It was a miserable day perfect for baking bread and making apple sauce, and sitting on the couch under a blanket with the hubs. 

But today looks like it is going to be one of those days, you know where nothing goes wrong, but nothing goes right.  Kind of a non-day.  Here is a list of things that are making today feel less productive.

*I ran out of Navy thread so I can't sew my jacket until after work today once I get more.
*My Camera is sad and not turning on even after changing the batteries, so no photos for me.
*It is cold, which tends to zap all of my ambition.
*I ordering yarn, so I'm waiting on that to turn up.

But on the other hand I was super productive in other areas this weekend like:

*Cleaning out the bathroom cupboard (I do not need any more lotion for a very long time).
*Sewing most of my jacket together.  I just need to sew up the left front pieces and the sleeves then on to the yoke.
*I made yummy whole wheat bread.
*Apples are 50 cents a pound in the market, so I made apple sauce which came out amazing.
*I started a new sweater project, I found some old wool that i had made a sweater out off, and the frogged because it came out so horrible and now I'm using it to mak A Very Plucky Cardigan by Kate Hiester. 

My plan on beating the non-day today is as follows:

*Get my winter clothes out of storage and put the summer clothes in storage.
*Go to the market and buy more apples, I want to make more sauce and try my hand at apple butter.
*Make said apple sauce ( 4 pounds of apples, peeled and cored in the slow cooker on medium heat for 7 hours.)
*Look up how to attach a lining to a jacket.
*Buy thread and buttons before work.

No comments: