Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 5: Easy Knit Garland with Button Ornaments


You can see our Lobster hanging out in the background
 Our Apartment is small, I mean really small, so we never have a Christmas tree.  Simon is always a bit sad that we don't have a Christmas tree so this year I surprised him with a small rosemary cone from Whole Foods.  It fits on our entertainment center nicely and gives the living room a festive feel and it smells wonderful.  I made a few quick ornaments and a i-cord garland for our little tree so he could decorate it.  Here's How.

I-Cord Garland

Materials
Novelty yarn (Mine was a with nylon with sequence attaches)
Leftover Bit of some special yarn (This was some of my hand-spun left over from another project)
2 DPNs the appropriate size for yarn (I used US 2)


Cast on 4 stitches and work in I-cord till Garland is desired length, (mine was about 4 ft).  Bind off and weave in ends
Tie the I-cord and the left over bit of yarn together.  Wrap the leftover bit around the I-cord, knotting them together at the end.

Button Ornaments


Materials
Different Size and color Buttons
Ribbon
Hot Glue Gun


Stack buttons and glue them together in interesting combinations.


Cut about 2 to 3 inches of ribbon.  Form a Loop and glue on to the back of the button stack.  
 Now you can go and decorate your tiny tree!

No comments: