Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Question About Lace?

I am getting better still not 100% but defiantly feeling better than I have in the past few days. I'm dying more yarn today and am dreaming of a lace project.

This is odd for me as I am not a huge lace knitter. I like to use a little bit of my lace knowledge in my garment knitting on the edge of a top or as an inlay in sweater. I also must admit that I love fields of stockenette. Some knitters find it boring, but I love just knitting and purling, its easy and looks polished with some great construction details and a little bit of personality (hence my love of a well placed lace edging or panel). I can also work on a grament in stockenette and not have to be too conscious of what I am doing.

Maybe my lace project can be just that a lace project for a non lace knitter. I must admit I've only ever knit lace from one pattern and it was the Lace Ribbon Scarf from Knitty. As a knitter who knits lace or is interested in knitting lace what makes a good lace project?

1 comment:

Southern Belle said...

I don't knit, but good luck with the project =)