Wednesday, September 9, 2009

White Wedding

First off I've read "Offbeat Bride" and not only have I read "The Anti Bride Guide" but I own the Anti Bride wedding planner, as well as loving color and deciding on a fall wedding in upstate NY, I feel compelled if by some wedding demon to have a white dress for my wedding day. My mother has already made some comments about my want of wearing white. I find them odd as I'm sure no one who is coming to our wedding is really going to be offended that Simon and I have been "living in sin" for over a year and i am wearing white. So in honor of the white wedding dress I've been scouring Etsy for inspiration and here it is. A white wedding day collection of hand made and vintage dresses.

Bamboo and silk WEDDING DRESS in ivory

4 comments:

Erica said...

These are great! my husband and I got married in vegas, but I really want to plan a wedding "party" sort of thing, and I hope to be making my own dress. I plann on wearing some version of white, despite being hardly verginal, as I was pregnant on my REAL wedding day in vegas.

Christie Cottage said...

Your wedding????
You choose :-)

My pesonal opinion, of course.

They are all great, but the last one is spectacular. It looks champagne on my monitor.

Congratulatioons on your upcoming
wedding!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

When are you getting married? I'm planning a wedding, too and at first, I pictured a plum colored dress... but then I thought about I won't look bridey and now I'm totally settled on a white dress, too! I never pictured myself wearing white, but now I couldn't do it any other way. These dresses are pretty. :)

BlueBetty said...

The last one I think is my favorite, but I can't decide if I want to make my own dress or not. Simon and I have a year to figure this all out.

Although we have been tempted by Vegas.