Friday, July 13, 2012

UFOs

I'm talking about UFOs today.  What is a UFO?  Well it's not what you maybe thinking it is.  When you hear this term it often conjures up odd lights in the sky or episodes of the X-Files where Mulder is searching for the truth.  But in the knitting and crochet world (and also in other crafting spheres) UFO stands for 
Un-Finished Object.  

Here are some of my UFOs: 
This project I actually really like, but the yarn is alpaca and silk and isn't conducive to knitting in the heat wave that has been this summer so far.  

Hey, you know that ruffle scarf with the short rows everyone keeps knitting?  I'm not stranger to that pattern. This is my second ruffle scarf and well I'm just done.  I guess I will finish it at some point, but it is so mind numbing and never ending that I just can't bring myself to keep working on it.  See I've even taken the needles from it to use else where and stuck this project on a stitch holder, 

I have also stolen the needles out of this one as well.  There is no excuse for not finishing this garment as it is a pima cotton yarn, more than half done and a project that I truly love.  But something's gotta give and this project has been put on the back burner for now.  

There are only a few days to enter the Alchemy Hour Giveaway!  Quick, go enter to win some super awesome knitting/crocheting swag.  The winner will be announced on Monday and all entries must be in by Sunday night.  

No comments: