Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer 2012

Yesterday, I said visiting my parents was the perfect way to start my summer.  It is, but there is more to this than one would think.  This is the first summer in six years that I will not be teaching at summer camp.  While I was a little sad about this at first I am very excited about what this summer holds in store.

Since my decision not to go back to camp I have been making summer plans like crazy.  I'm surprised Simon hasn't told me to slow down.  There are trips to go blueberry picking, visits to Boston, friends coming to Philly who haven't in a long time, lots of surf trips, a window garden that will be yielding a ton of cucumbers and green beans, plans for pickles and jams and relishes, softball games, and friends and family who I wouldn't ever see while I was at camp.

That is why this long weekend in my hometown is so special.  I haven't been able to spend Father's Day with my family since 2005.  I was always at camp training staff starting on Father's Day every summer.  

The trip up here has focused me and the plans that I laid out for my shop seem less daunting and scary.  For once I am actually going to be able to keep up with my blog and my etsy, and be able to design during the three months of summer.  My regular work schedule has backed off a bit and I will be able to focus more of my time and energy on what I truly want to accomplish.

Like I stated earlier I have lots of plans for the summer, but I have some goals that I am really excited about.
1. Surf at least once a week, if possible, there are a few weeks where this won't happen because I will be away.
2. Complete two fall designs. 
3. Find a supplier for Alchemy Hour
4. Continue blogging. (Something I haven't actually done over the summer.)

I know it's only four goals, but I also have a list of 30 things I want to accomplish in the next 28 months, and I have so many awesome things planed for this summer that I am pretty sure I am going to stay busy.
Bring on the heat and the sun, I am planing on having the best summer possible.

No comments: