I cut out the interfacing and fused it to the pieces. There is something almost zen like to ironing fusible interfacing on to your pattern pieces. I like the magic of the glue melting on to the fabric and making it stiff. (Ok, maybe it's a bit weird, but I like ironing anyway so fusible interfacing is an exciting twist on an old favorite.) The one thing about this pattern that I have found a bit tedious is that there is no seam allowance. You can see in the above photo that I had to measure and cut around the pattern pieces.
I decided that since I have all of these little pieces that I need to sew together before I can piece them together I would sew them all at once.
I also decided to sew the lining too. I mean there all the same pieces and the same fabric why make the bustier only to have to sew the lining.
The part I'm a little bit dreading with this project is sewing in the cups.
Sewing them together was really easy.
Really easy and kind of fun to watch the two dimensional pieces become a three dimensional item. And the best part is they fit. I mean who could resist trying on a freshly sewn bra cup. Too bad Simon wasn't quick enough with the camera. I'm sure I looked pretty funny holding up a bra cup to my chest with a quizzical look on my face.
The next part is what I'm calling, "sewing the difficult bits". Here is my list of sewing to dos:
-Make casings for boning
-Sew casings to top
-Sew cups to top
-Attach hook and eye tape
-Hem or whatever I finally decided to do at the bottom
Wish me luck!