Saturday, January 31, 2009

Date Night

Last night Simon and I went out on a date. Something we haven't done in ages. We went to one of our favorite spots in Philly the Nodding Head. Not only is this a pub with great fries, but it is also a microbrewery and brews all there own beer. This is really why it is my favorite bar, it's fries are the second reason why.

This amazing bar is on 15th and Sansom, and is in a way hard to find as it is an upstairs bar. There is a giant sign above the bar, but only a small door and a staircase make up the entrence. Which is why on my first time going there I walked past it completely. the atmosphere reminds me much of the pubs I visited when I was in England.

The beer is great and the selection is always changing. Their grog a dark chocolaty beer is my favorite, while Simon enjoys their 60 Shillings which is smooth and malty. In the Spring and Summer we both like thier Monkey Knife Fight which is a white ale brewed with lemon grass and ginger. On par with there beer is their food, I've already mentioned the fries (which they serve with a spicy mayonais dipping sauce), but there burgers and sandwiches are delicious. I love the Muffeletta made with Pesto and olive tapinade. The also have wonderful Mussels which you can get steamed in a varriate of ways.

All in all I love this bar.

1 comment:

Tins and Treasures said...

It sounds like we would love it too!