Looking for a sweet treat for the holiday. Here is my Raspberry scone recipe, make a batch for your sweet heart, or for yourself. These are best straight out of the oven with butter or jam. Because I substitute the dairy for vegan butter and soy milk mine are vegan, but you can use regular milk and butter.
2 Cups Flour
1 Tbls Baking Powder
1 Teas Salt
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Butter (I use vegan butter)
1 Cup Milk (I use unsweetened soy milk)
1 Teas Vanilla
1/2 Cup Raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a Mixing bowl combine flower, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2 Next add butter, using a pastry mixer or a fork, cut the butter into the dry ingredients . Be careful to not let the butter melt or over mix. The dry ingredients should look lumpy and grainy, like this:
|All those lumps are butter.|
3. Next add the milk and the vanilla and stir. You want a thick dough to form.
4. Add the berries and stir to combine, I like to smush some of the berries as I stir them in.
5. using lots of flower and being careful to not handle the dough to much, flatten the dough out on a well floured surface and either cut into triangles, use a biscuit cutter or a cookie cutter to form scones.
6. Place scones on a cookie sheet, bruch with milk and sprinkle with sugar, this will help them brown up and give them a sparkly sheen. Bake for 15-20 Minuets till golden on the edges.