Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Trousers: The Fabric



I found the fabric for my Janina trousers.  I found this great wool suiting at the Pennsylvania Fabric Outlet.  It was originally $15 a yarn, but they were selling it for half that price so I got two yards.  I am really in love with this fabric it has a great drape and is going to make stellar pants.


It's hard to tell in my photo's, but the fabric is a subtle plaid.  It's woven with white, gray and light lavender threads.  It was a great find at the fabric store.  Now I just have to cut out the pattern and get sewing. I'm hoping to have these completed by the end of February.   

2 comments:

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

I can't wait to see how they turn out - this fabric is perfect! I've still never attempted trouser sewing, although I've been thinking about trying the Colette Patterns Clover trousers. It's a little scary! Good luck!

BlueBetty said...

Thanks. I know what you mean I'm a bit intimidated by this project. I'm going to take it slow. The clover trousers are such an awesome design, if these go well they my be my next sewing project.